Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to verify account.

2 posters

Go down

Unable to verify account. Empty Unable to verify account.

Post by Jon784 Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:14 pm

I joined Facebook last night and when I try to create a username I get the message: "Before you can set your username, you need to verify your account.
If you have a mobile phone that can receive SMS messages, you can verify via mobile phone. If not, please try to register your username at a later time."

I enter my cell phone but do not receive the text message with the code. I've tried entering my number a couple times and never get a text. My phone is capable of receiving text messages.
My provider is Virgin.

edit: I called Virgin and told them about the problem and they say my phone is setup fine and nothing on their end is preventing the text.
Jon784
Jon784

Back to top Go down

Unable to verify account. Empty Re: Unable to verify account.

Post by Ruby Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:24 am

I enter my cell phone but do not receive the text message with the code. I've tried entering my number a couple times and never get a text. My phone is capable of receiving text messages.

Stating the hopefully obvious but did you enter your Country Code as well as your Mobile phone number ? If you do not then Facebook will not know to which Country the message is being sent !!
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down