Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to verify account and need Fan page help too

2 posters

Go down

Unable to verify account and need Fan page help too  Empty Unable to verify account and need Fan page help too

Post by P&CCoop Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:56 am

Hi there,

I have two facebook Fan Page questions that I would really appreciate some help with:

The first – I can’t seem to verify my account through [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] The only option provided at that link is to verify by SMS text message, and when I input my blackberry phone number, I get an error message saying that “there has been an error” and that they are “working to fix it.” I am not really consoled by their supposed efforts to fix the problem, and suspect I could be waiting indefinitely for that to happen. I am then given the option to report the problem by indicating my mobile service provider, but that doesn’t resolve the problem, which happens again every time I ask for a new code. Should I try another cell phone number? Or will adding another number into the equation confuse things, or worse, trigger some sort of default protection that will prevent my verification? And how many fans are actually required to get a “vanity” url? I’ve seen different numbers (25, 50, and 100) all over the internet, and facebook doesn’t seem to provide any definitive clarification.

Ok, second question – How can I put content on the left side of the fan page, below the profile picture (like this page has done: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I’ve learned FBML Static and I’ve searched through the available applications, and I cannot figure out how to get an information section (and other sections) like that on my page. Have I limited myself by selecting “professional organization – professional service” instead of “local business” or another facebook fan page category? (I am also designing for a law firm.) Similarly, the options under the “information” tab are unsatisfactory, as they present no field for “location,” “telephone,” or “hours.” What type of Fan Page should a law firm chose in order to have options like The Sheller Law Firm has?

Thanks

Last edited by Ruby on Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : thread title ammended to clarify needs of poster)
P&CCoop
P&CCoop

Back to top Go down

Unable to verify account and need Fan page help too  Empty Re: Unable to verify account and need Fan page help too

Post by Ruby Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:03 pm

You have two different 'issues here which really need two separate threads;

Can you please post your request for Facebook Verification in the Facebook Support Hacked etc accounts section where we can then lead you through the steps you may need
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down