Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Account locked, Unable to verify phone number, Cannot change number

4 posters

Go down

Account locked, Unable to verify phone number, Cannot change number Empty Account locked, Unable to verify phone number, Cannot change number

Post by sickso2 Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:01 pm

I created a new account and the next day when I tried to log in it said I needed to verify my account with a phone number. I decided to use my google number but I didn't receive my text code. After doing some searching I find that google voice doesn't support the receiving of verification codes. (something about short codes) Facebook help says to resend code or change your number, I can do neither. I've contacted facebook 3 times now and get the same response saying to change my number but there is no option to change my number or even resend the code. Here is what I see: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I've tried on google chrome, firefox, and IE with no luck.
sickso2
sickso2
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Account locked, Unable to verify phone number, Cannot change number Empty Re: Account locked, Unable to verify phone number, Cannot change number

Post by Ruby Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:34 am

I created a new account and the next day when I tried to log in it said I needed to verify my account with a phone number.

You created a new Facebook account and managed that same day to log into Facebook..yes?

You had no problems that first time logging into Facebook ?

The second time you tried to log into Facebook were you at the same location or had you moved to a different location and tried to log into Facebook...please clarify as your post is not really very clear as to why you are getting stopped by Facebook...
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Account locked, Unable to verify phone number, Cannot change number Empty Re: Account locked, Unable to verify phone number, Cannot change number

Post by sickso2 Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:38 pm

When I originally signed up for this account they said my name wasn't allowed and to fill out a form which I did. 2 weeks later they finally approved the name at which point I was able to log in and fill out my profile info and add a few friends. The next day my account was getting that roadblock page requiring me to put in a phone number and that's when I used my google number and messed everything up. Yes I was at the same location however I had added my facebook to my droid phone if that matters.
sickso2
sickso2
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:07 pm

The next day my account was getting that roadblock page requiring me to put in a phone number and that's when I used my google number

Please explain what you mean by a 'google phone number'?

Why should Facebook phone Google to speak to you ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by sickso2 Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:09 pm

Google number refers to a phone number that is given to you when you sign up for google voice [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
facebook didnt want to speak to anyone, they wanted to send me a code that then have to input onto facebook to unlock my account.
sickso2
sickso2
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:19 pm

Please try this

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Email or phone number:

assuming of course you have access to the email address and have White listed all addresses from Facebook..(.if not do so now!!!)
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by sickso2 Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:28 pm

I am able to log into my account just fine, when I log in it asks for that code which I showed in the screenshot. Resetting the password wouldnt help because its still asking for that code.
sickso2
sickso2
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:34 pm

I am able to log into my account just fine,

With respect, that is not the impression you give on this thread....
So this is not a disabled account so Moved from Disabled to I think Privacy Support
why not, when you are logged in, immediately navigate to the 'Home' tab ...that should bypass some stuff for you .....
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by sickso2 Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:43 pm

Sorry for posting in the wrong forum

Here is what I see when after entering my username and password and hitting login
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

There is no home button, no nothing, just enter code as seen in the other screenshot I posted.
sickso2
sickso2
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by sickso2 Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:13 pm

Ok this problem is really hard to describe so I made a little video of what I'm seeing
sickso2
sickso2
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by sickso2 Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:55 pm

Any ideas?
sickso2
sickso2
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:59 pm

sickso2 wrote:Any ideas?

Yes; try to log in via

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by sickso2 Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:55 pm

After I input my email and password I am redirected to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and my only option is to put in a code. There is nothing else to click on if you can see from the screen shot and video. Before I tried just now, I deleted cookies, history, saved passwords, form data, and cache in hopes that maybe somehow my browser was causing this problem but I still got the same result.
sickso2
sickso2
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:30 pm

Facebook help says to resend code or change your number, I can do neither.

lets try

and give them a proper phone number for them to call you ...
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by sickso2 Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:21 pm

I tried putting in my original number then it says "only registered numbers are accepted. I tried a few other numbers after that one and get the same error.
sickso2
sickso2
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fayde Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:07 am

Moved from Privacy Support to Awaiting Reply

There has been no reply of this being solved for over a week.

If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days we will assume your problem was solved, and this thread will be Moved to the Solved section without further notice.

Is this still happening?
Fayde
Fayde
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by sickso2 Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:31 am

YES! Im so glad you reminded me, I totally forgot about it lol it actually gave me the option to receive a voice call with a code this timeI got my account back!
sickso2
sickso2
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:12 am

(Moved back)
sickso2 wrote:YES! Im so glad you reminded me, I totally forgot about it lol it actually gave me the option to receive a voice call with a code this timeI got my account back!

Hi,
Glad to hear that you've got your account back! Could I kindly inquire as to 'how' the voice call option showed up - did Facebook present you with the option after a while from the initial problem?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by sickso2 Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:10 am

I left it alone for a week until you said something and I tried to log in and then I had the option to receive the code from a recording.
sickso2
sickso2
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:24 am

sickso2 wrote:I left it alone for a week until you said something and I tried to log in and then I had the option to receive the code from a recording.

Thanks for the welcom feedback!!

Sent to solved
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down