Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friend of a friend 'liked' a link I posted

3 posters

Go down

A friend of a friend 'liked' a link I posted Empty A friend of a friend 'liked' a link I posted

Post by Need assistance Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:21 pm

How did they do this, what were my privacy settings? How much could they see, could they have seen my friends comments under the link? Could they have commented?

How can I fix my privacy settings so this doesn't occur again?
Need assistance
Need assistance

Back to top Go down

A friend of a friend 'liked' a link I posted Empty Re: A friend of a friend 'liked' a link I posted

Post by Admin Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:41 pm

What's the link to your profile, and where did you post it?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

A friend of a friend 'liked' a link I posted Empty Re: A friend of a friend 'liked' a link I posted

Post by Need assistance Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:39 pm

I posted it on my FB wall.

Last edited by Need assistance on Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Need assistance
Need assistance

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:45 pm

Your wall doesn't seem to be visible to non-friends, so your privacy settings are correct.

A friend of yours could have shared the link on his wall or posted it on one of his friends' wall, and that could have made that friend of friend available to 'like' it.

Check your friend's wall. Is your link there? If it's not, message him and ask him if he sent the link to one of his friends.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Need assistance Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:14 pm

Thanks for checking my wall. It wasn't really a 'friend' that liked the comment, which is why I was so concerned, it my boyfriends ex. The 'like' actually showed up on my link though as my friends that commented were notified of it too, or could see it if they don't have notifications set up.

If its not visible to non friends could friend of friends see it? I have another account I have access to and even though I have friends in common with my main account I couldn't access my wall, so how did the es like the link? and could they have read the comments or commented?

Is there anyway of knowing what the privacy setting were at a certain time, cause I may have changed them since?
Need assistance
Need assistance

Back to top Go down

Post by Fayde Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:41 am

Moved from Privacy Support to Awaiting Reply.

There have been no replies or contributions on this thread for several days. Do you still require help?

If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days, we will assume you have abandoned your request for help, and this thread will be moved to the Abandoned Topics section without further notice.

If you are not the thread starter, please do not post for any help or support on this thread.

Thanks for your co-operation and understanding!
Fayde
Fayde
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Need assistance Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:14 am

I would very much still like some feedback to my original questions; How much could they see, could they have seen my friends comments under the link? Could they have commented? If its not visible to non friends could friend of friends see it? I have another account I have access to and even though I have friends in common with my main account I couldn't access my wall, so how did the ex like the link? and could they have read the comments or commented?

Is there anyway of knowing what the privacy setting were at a certain time, cause I may have changed them since?

Thank you

Moved back
Need assistance
Need assistance

Back to top Go down

Post by Fayde Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:07 am

Moved from Privacy Support to Awaiting Reply.

There have been no replies or contributions on this thread for several days. Do you still require help?

If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days, we will assume you have abandoned your request for help, and this thread will be moved to the Abandoned Topics section without further notice.

If you are not the thread starter, please do not post for any help or support on this thread.

Thanks for your co-operation and understanding!

You most likely can't tell what your previous privacy settings were so it might be possible that your settings were set to friends of friends.
Fayde
Fayde
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down