Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

suspended account

3 posters

Go down

suspended account Empty suspended account

Post by Mullet35 Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:57 pm

A number of months ago I was told by people on FB that there was a number of people phishing on FB in search of people's DoB and to change to ensure my privacy was safe. So i had done so and a number of days later i received an email from a contact that contain a worm when of course then sent itself to all my contacts, ultimately my account was suspended due to suspicious activity.

Now when i go to log on it requires to under go a 4 step process to reactivate my account and i put in the captcha security question, then i have to put in my DoB which I cant remeber what it was i changed it to, so then I thought that the send security code to my email account would be fine but I'm not receiving the email in my Hotmail account.

This has been ongoing now for a number of months which is how i came to find this site just in frustration of not being able to log into my account i did a search on FB forums and ended up here :\'(
Mullet35
Mullet35

Back to top Go down

suspended account Empty Re: suspended account

Post by Tim Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:45 am

Hi Mullet35,

Have you checked your junk folder in your hotmail account to be sure the confirmination email didn't end up there?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mullet35 Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:19 am

Unfortunately yes and there was nothing there either and unfortunately since my account has been suspended I have changed my mobile number too so that option is out too. tyvm for your reply
Mullet35
Mullet35

Back to top Go down

Post by Mullet35 Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:21 am

The strangest thing is i am still getting update emails from the causes I have joined on my FB account but this 1 thing is not coming through
Mullet35
Mullet35

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:27 pm

(We try to discourage double- posting so could I politey remind you to use the Edit buttion next time ?)
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:48 pm

You're still getting updates because I believe the emails are sent from the applications separately.

The password recovery may not work due to the suspension of your account. Without the DOB associated with the account we have a very limited number of options.
I suggest try to think again what the DOB associated with the account is. The only other option I can think of would be to contact Facebook; however in my opinion they may not be too pleased to learn that the DOB was fake Tongue
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:49 am

With what tools have you scanned your computer to ensure you do not have any infection(s) on board?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mullet35 Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:34 pm

I have used a full function Mcphee trial and i am currently running AVG free and spybot in conjuction with each other and since the account has been suspeded i have also done a clean install from vista to win 7 i highly doudt that at this point in time i am currently infected, or at least i would expect not anyway.

But thankyou all for your responses
Mullet35
Mullet35

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:24 pm

Mullet35 wrote:I have used a full function Mcphee trial and i am currently running AVG free and spybot in conjuction with each other and since the account has been suspeded i have also done a clean install from vista to win 7 i highly doudt that at this point in time i am currently infected, or at least i would expect not anyway.

But thankyou all for your responses

My next question then has to be...how did you uninstall the Mcphee trial program and for how long did you have it ? Did you run the computer unprotected at any time

Have you tried running either of these two programs to check for infections >>>[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]<<<

??
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:21 am

Please let me know within 3 days if you still need help with this....else it will be Locked and Moved ; thanks
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down