Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need some info on running a photo contest on my fan page. Thanks!

5 posters

Go down

I need some info on running a photo contest on my fan page. Thanks! Empty I need some info on running a photo contest on my fan page. Thanks!

Post by CamTex Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:25 pm

I own [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and I used to have photo contests on the page. I was going against the facebook rules by not using an application.

I am not doing the contests as a promotion. I'm doing it just for fun. No one is winning any prizes.

I need to find out how to do this. (have a contest where someone enters photos for different themes each week, and users can vote on photos they like best and at the end of the week, whoever has the most votes wins the contest.) Do I need to contact facebook? Is there a way I can get in touch with people who work for facebook? Maybe an email address?

Thanks for any help in advance! Very Happy
CamTex
CamTex
Prospect

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

I need some info on running a photo contest on my fan page. Thanks! Empty Thanks!

Post by CamTex Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:26 pm

You could really do it for me? Will it allow people to upload their photos and vote on other peoples? That would be amazing! I really appreciate it. Let me know. Thanks! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
CamTex
CamTex
Prospect

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

I need some info on running a photo contest on my fan page. Thanks! Empty Re: I need some info on running a photo contest on my fan page. Thanks!

Post by Ruby Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:52 am

CamTex wrote:I own [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and I used to have photo contests on the page. I was going against the facebook rules by not using an application.

Where have you been told this ?

Do I need to contact facebook? Is there a way I can get in touch with people who work for facebook? Maybe an email address?

Have you yet tried to contact Facebook about this at all ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

I need some info on running a photo contest on my fan page. Thanks! Empty Re: I need some info on running a photo contest on my fan page. Thanks!

Post by CamTex Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:02 pm

ruby1 wrote:Where have you been told this?

I saw it on the facebook promotion guidelines page: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"""You cannot: Condition entry in the promotion upon a user providing content on Facebook, such as making a post on a profile or Page, status comment or photo upload.

You can: Use a third party application to condition entry to the promotion upon a user providing content. For example, you may administer a photo contest whereby a user uploads a photo through a third-party application to enter the contest."""

I was having people upload photos to my wall on my fan page. I'm not giving any prizes, so I guess it's not a promotion. I just don't know.

ruby1 wrote:Have you yet tried to contact Facebook about this at all ?

I don't know how to contact them. I need an email address. Do you know it?
CamTex
CamTex
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:36 pm

CamTex wrote:
ruby1 wrote:Where have you been told this?

I saw it on the facebook promotion guidelines page: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"""You cannot: Condition entry in the promotion upon a user providing content on Facebook, such as making a post on a profile or Page, status comment or photo upload.

You can: Use a third party application to condition entry to the promotion upon a user providing content. For example, you may administer a photo contest whereby a user uploads a photo through a third-party application to enter the contest."""

I was having people upload photos to my wall on my fan page. I'm not giving any prizes, so I guess it's not a promotion. I just don't know.

ruby1 wrote:Have you yet tried to contact Facebook about this at all ?

I don't know how to contact them. I need an email address. Do you know it?

Thanks for that feedback :thanks:
|I will have a look around and see if I can locate any Contact address that may be appropriate for your specific requirements

Meanwhile Mastermind seems to be making an 'application' for you ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:17 pm

He may be making the HTML code that the OP can then paste into the Static FBML App.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:58 am

This may be 'of interest' for you

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ........
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by WineCountryInn Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:45 pm

Try Googling "third party Facebook contest app". I am about to launch a WildFire-driven contest on Monday. Not sure how it will go, but you can always contact me and I will let you know if the experience was good or bad. But I did notice that WF does have a photo contest feature. (And no, it's not free. You will have to put down a few bucks to make it happen). Above all, do your homework. Even with a third party app, you'll still need to write contest rules compliant with state and federal regulations, or at least to keep people from gaming the system. Hope this helps!
WineCountryInn
WineCountryInn
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:00 pm

I have previously tried the Googling thing....

Knowing the success OF Facebook and its diversity , I find myself surprised that ,surely more people would have had problems with this , and why Facebook has not developed a specific app for this

however my current research has uncovered

>>>[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]<<<

APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS To enter the Contest, using the Facebook platform Participants must create a Facebook platform application for use on the Facebook site accessible at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (the “Facebook Site”) or a Facebook Connect integration with the Facebook Site (each an "Application"; collectively, “Applications”) in English or Hindi and register their Application in accordance with clause 4 below. Applications that were made available to the public prior to June 1, 2009 will not be eligible for the Contest. Applications made available to the public on or after June 1, 2009 will be eligible for the Contest provided that the registration requirements as set forth in clause 4 below have been met. It is a condition of entry into the Contest that all inputs to and outputs from the Application and all associated documentation are in English or Hindi.
ENTRIES Entries must be submitted using the entry form on the Contest page of Facebook Site accessible at:

From this I understand that Facebook have not created a specific Application for this but expect those who wish to run competitions to create their own Application.......which I presume you then have to get 'approved ' BY Facebook.........

BUT next issue for this thread

If an App IS created for this individual and ALL support is given by Forum and NOT by PM, the Created Application will presumably be Copyrighted to this forum ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:31 pm

As no feedback has been received I am assuming this is solved

Locked and Moved
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down