Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disabled Accounts - Have you noticed?

4 posters

Go down

Disabled Accounts - Have you noticed? Empty Disabled Accounts - Have you noticed?

Post by Admin Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:59 pm

Well I just have noticed you get a warning message before your account gets disabled, which wasn't there before. It also tells you what to do to prevent your account to get disabled (most people don't know why their accounts get disabled)

It's so much better! Now you can know when to slow down posting or doing anything to prevent your account from getting Disabled.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by The Listener on Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Disabled Accounts - Have you noticed? Empty Re: Disabled Accounts - Have you noticed?

Post by Poke Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:25 pm

Nope I never heard of that before. I hope its not to serious.
Poke
Poke
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Disabled Accounts - Have you noticed? Empty Re: Disabled Accounts - Have you noticed?

Post by JayJay Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:34 pm

Some people just get an E-mail saying there account was disabled and it the action can not be un-done.
JayJay
JayJay
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:21 pm

I think you will find Ignacio that the facebook policy has not changed, I know that some people have received a "Warning" from facebook telling them that in facebook opinion they have breached one or more of the mythical cardinal sins, of course facebook never tell what it is they are supposed to have done! Thankfully personally speaking I have never received any such warnings from facebook! (not for want of trying though Wink )

However what really does annoy the hell out of me is the way in which facebook disable peoples accounts without any warning and in most cases without any just cause either. I personally believe that the main reason for this is because facebook make it far to easy for people to file FALSE & MALICIOUS reports against innocent users.

There is one particular kind of report that is mainly at fault in this and because of this fault it is the simplest report to use to file a FALSE & MALICIOUS report to facebook, as it requires the person submitting the report NOT to supply any evidence.

It is the REPORT a FAKE Profile link!

You just choose the out the two choices, Does Not Represent a Real Person or Is Using a Fake Name!

Sadly as I now know from my own personal experience, when these reports are filed with facebook that person who has been reported just finds that their facebook account has been disabled NO WARNING, NO CHANCE TO DO ANYTHING!

Personally I think because of the ease that the Report a Fake profile can be and IS ABUSED, facebook should really send the personal a warning email, message giving the 21 days to submit whatever documention to prove their ID, if the person does not supply that documention, then they should disable the account. As it is facebook shoot first and sadly they cannot be arsed to ask any questions, as the user is assumed GUILTY until the user can prove otherwise!

What makes this false and malicious reporting all the worse is that facebook seemingly actively encourage it, if you are really lucky you might find that your case gets dealt with by a decent member of facebook staff, but even that is highly unlikely and they go out of their way to be as ignorant and arrogant as they can. Personally if my account goes again then I will not bother appealing, I will just set up a new account far easier and a lot LESS stressfull believe me!

GarryP

Back to top Go down

Disabled Accounts - Have you noticed? Empty Disabled Accounts - Have you noticed?

Post by MsBirdie Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:48 am

Hi, my first business page got disabled without warning. I don't know why and never got any notice. It happened around September 2010. It wasn't active yet and only had 2-3 fans. I wish I knew why they disabled it.
MsBirdie
MsBirdie
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down