Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disabled Facebook Accounts

3 posters

Go down

Disabled Facebook Accounts Empty Disabled Facebook Accounts

Post by Metaphorical Allegory Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:14 pm

This appears to be a great place to post as there seems to be a great lack in the public sphere of discussion, online or otherwise, with regards to simply surrendering one's account as a consequence of having had it disabled.

This is of course very sad.

I hope to leave this message here for a reference.

After undergoing hours of research in regards to this issue, I feel it is profoundly necessary to leave one somewhere and I hope that this forum provides itself for it.

It is clear that Facebook has very little regard for its end-users. Where the regard is invested is in is source of income. Prominence is given to those who pay to play. Facebook is set up to recognize its end-users as malicious bots; that is to say if one uses the free service too quickly, such activity is recognized as "potential" abuse. That is a pretty degenerative perception. Nevertheless, I can't blame a company for wanting to protect itself. What is equally abusive and also damaging is the time that is spent for one who may have encountered this devaluation; this degradation--all in the name of money.

Imagine being suddenly shut out of your home (or in this case an extension of it). You go back, through the course of your thoughts, wondering how it had happened. Your left to wander the streets (countless web pages), looking for signs and indications that would illuminate your mind. You see others lost, confused, angry, saddened, cheapened, and devalued.

What a shameful thing you think and notice.

How irresponsible it is for others not to take notice; moreover, for not raising their voice; for not yielding themselves to make an example--an illustrious one at that.

Let this post serve that example.

Does Facebook really bring people together? With its billions of dollars in revenue, it is a costly effort, if it does.

Or does it actually keep people separate, apart from one another?--giving one a false sense of community as well as formulating a shallow sense of security because, essentially, if they don't like one another they can ignore, delete, and bock each other. It's not like actually sitting down with someone and speaking with them face to face, discussing and sharing ideas, thoughts, and feelings.

Is liking someone's status an approval of their way of life? their political ideologies? Does liking someone's photo album mean that that person is worthy? redeemable and admirable?

What is more expensive to the evolution of a civil society is the overall cheapening of the ways in which the civil society engages itself.

Could you ever imagine a "bot" wanting to know why the landlord shut down the entrance to its home? Or a "bot" wanting to sit down and talk with you?

It doesn't make much sense.

Or does it?

Feel free to let me know.

Metaphorical Allegory
Metaphorical Allegory

Back to top Go down

Disabled Facebook Accounts Empty Re: Disabled Facebook Accounts

Post by Ruby Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:36 pm

You will of course bear in mind that this forum has nothing to do with Facebook itself and we have no contact with Facebook admin etc?

Of interest, if you can find some info that tells us why this is happening on Facebook I think we would like to know..

We assume you do not have a Facebook account yourself?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Metaphorical Allegory Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:49 pm

Hello to you and thank you for your interest and concern. While you are not affiliated with Facebook and have no contact with anyone there, your response time as well as your interest far exceeds Facebook's.

If the topic interests you genuinely, just running a simple search online with variations of: "Facebook disabled my profile," will result in hundreds if not thousands of different results.

Essentially what you will find is what I have already documented here in my original post:

devaluation
degradation
abuse
damage
and the cheapening of the human experience.

Facebook doesn't account for itself, with regards to disabling an account without warning, notification, or explanation. This activity creates a web of perpetual dysfunction.

Its real interest is in its revenue. It is obvious.

In any event, to continue the conversation, as well as to leave something else here for anyone else who may experience the disabling of their account, I'm leaving an address to an ad-hoc blog I've created:

http://disabledfacebookacount.wordpress.com/

I feel horribly for anyone else who has had to experience this and I want to say simply:

don't feel bad or take it personally. Facebook listens to those who put money on the table. Facebook doesn't make money from its average user. The disabling of your account had nothing to do with your character.

Thank you for having this forum.
Metaphorical Allegory
Metaphorical Allegory

Back to top Go down

Post by Metaphorical Allegory Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:52 am

Metaphorical Allegory
Metaphorical Allegory

Back to top Go down

Post by claude Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:35 pm

Actually it appears to be a worthless place to post as they like to delete comments here too!
claude
claude

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:45 pm

claude wrote:Actually it appears to be a worthless place to post as they like to delete comments here too!
If you cared to check,
Your post has been moved to
http://www.thefacebookforum.net/hacked-phished-and-disabled-accounts-f168/disabled-facebook-account-t8407.htm
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down