Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wall issue: Friends can't see their own comments

2 posters

Go down

Wall issue: Friends can't see their own comments  Empty Wall issue: Friends can't see their own comments

Post by athorp Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:40 am

Hi all Happy Here's the problem I'm having for a few weeks now, and it's pretty annoying Duhhh

Friends can't see likings and comments (their AND mine) to posts, links, pictures on my Wall, even though privacy settings allow them.
They can post links and comments on my Wall, and that's visible. Also, they can comment and like posts, but they never show up for them (as if they commented/liked sth, and then someone erased it, which isn't the case).

Does anybody have idea what to do?
athorp
athorp

Back to top Go down

Wall issue: Friends can't see their own comments  Empty Re: Wall issue: Friends can't see their own comments

Post by Admin Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:41 pm

Welcome to the forum Very Happy

You mean that when you 'like' something and that activity shows up on your wall for you, then can't see it?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Wall issue: Friends can't see their own comments  Empty Re: Wall issue: Friends can't see their own comments

Post by athorp Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:28 pm

Yes. And also, when my friends like something on my wall, their like is invisible to them, but not to me, I can see their likes. Same goes for commenting links, pictures, etc Sad

..and thanx for the warm welcome, hope I'll find a solution for my problem.. Duhhh Happy
athorp
athorp

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:35 pm

Okay, just to I can make it clear to you: 'likes' will only show up an activity like "Sarah likes ....." when Sarah likes:

1. A 'Like'/Fan/Business Page. Example, Sarah likes Getting up late.
2. An outside link, with the Facebook Like button. Example, Sarah likes Facebook Forum.

No story will show up when they like statuses, photos, comments, links by friends, videos by friends, etc.

So, in case what I said didn't help at all, can you copy & paste the stories you can see on their walls and they can't?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by athorp Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:46 pm

This has nothing to do with Fan pages, OR with the outside links...
It happens exclusively on my Wall - with comments and likes for posts (links, photos) that are posted on my Wall (for example, when I post a youtube link with attached video on my Wall, some frends comment it and I can see those comments on my Wall, but they can't see the comments. For them, it appears like no one hasn't commented yet).

athorp
athorp

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:57 pm

Oh, sorry for the misunderstanding... I'm kind of brainless today Tongue

Make sure of 2 things.

1 Go to "Account" -> "Privacy Settings" -> "Customize Settings" -> "Can see posts by friends" & "Photos and videos of me" & "Comments byCan comment on posts" -> Only Friends.
2. Haven't those friends who commented on your video blocked the ones who can't read their comments?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by athorp Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:12 pm

That's ok, I think I wasn't clear enough in the first place.. Happy

1. Privacy Settings are ok, I've checked thousand times Duhhh
2. No, no one is blocked .

There's a thing that might just be the most important part :
the problem started after I was messing around with Privacy Settings. Confused Wish I never did that, it seems that triggered a bug Duhhh.. (I was changing some options, disabling the Wall and such, but I turned everything back the way it used to be. And since then, only I can see the comments and likes on my Wall).

And one more interesting detail - I have a 'Links' tab, and when friends go there, and see only the links I posted on my profile, they can see comments and likes as well! Happy .. But that still isn't enough, since there are friends' comments on stuff that other friends posted on my Wall, as well as comments on my statuses, photos, activities etc Duhhh
athorp
athorp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down