Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My account has been disabled

2 posters

Go down

My account has been disabled Empty My account has been disabled

Post by Logan Kale Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:30 pm

My account was disabled on Boxing Day morning. When I clicked the link for the help section it brought up the info on fake profiles. I filled in what they told me to if I thought they were wrong and a page came up saying I'd receive an email shortly which I may have to reply to, to confirm my email address was the same as on my disabled account. I have now emailed a further three times and still heard nothing. I've looked through previous problems similar to mine and have tried everything in them, I think. I don't know what to do next!
Logan Kale
Logan Kale
Rookie

Back to top Go down

My account has been disabled Empty Re: My account has been disabled

Post by Ruby Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:44 pm

My account was disabled on Boxing Day morning.

Do you know why?

Have you tried to add too many Friends?

Do we assume you did get an email from Facebook ?

Can you still send and receive emails using the email address you have associated with Facebook?

What is the URL you use to access Facebook?

Did you try to access Facebook on a location where Facebook does not know you?

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan Kale Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:26 pm

I'm not sure why I was disabled, but as I always get the info on fake profiles I'm assuming I was reported as a fake. I definitely haven't been adding too many friends. I have a fair few on the account, but all added slowly and over time, and no one new added in the last 3 or 4 months. I have gone through all my emails and definitely haven't received any from facebook except the usual notification stuff. I can still fully use the email associated with my account and have been using that email in my attempts to contact facebook. I have no idea what the URL is. I always use my mobile phone for facebook, and the number is the one I associated with my account.
Logan Kale
Logan Kale
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:44 pm

Logan Kale wrote: but as I always get the info on fake profiles

What do you mean by this ?

I can still fully use the email associated with my account and have been using that email in my attempts to contact facebook. I have no idea what the URL is. I always use my mobile phone for facebook, and the number is the one I associated with my account.

Facebook URL is

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I always use my mobile phone for facebook,

If the Mobile phone is used on the internet, what , if any, is its Antivirus and other protection?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan Kale Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:58 pm

When I click the link from the log-in page, it takes me straight to the help section, disabled, fake profiles and lists the rules about using your real name and all that. Thanks for the URL, i'm not all that good on computer stuff. I'm not sure exactly what protection is on my phone, but I have been assured there is internet protection. I'd assume it's pretty basic though as it is part of the internet package I get.
Logan Kale
Logan Kale
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:03 pm

I strongly suggest you find out what, if any, the Protection is on that machine as you could well be running an infection that is diverting you away from Facebook .

Please find out and let us know ...

Can you also show us that link you get that goes to the Fake profile warning?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan Kale Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:09 pm

I'll have to post the link tomorrow, I can't do any links unless I'm on a computer. I don't think my phone is the problem. When I failed to get a response from facebook, I tried using my friends phone and my college computer and got the same result. I can also access my friends account using my phone. However I will check out the protection anyway, to be safe.
Logan Kale
Logan Kale
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:57 am

Logan Kale wrote:I'll have to post the link tomorrow, I can't do any links unless I'm on a computer. I don't think my phone is the problem. When I failed to get a response from facebook, I tried using my friends phone and my college computer and got the same result. I can also access my friends account using my phone. However I will check out the protection anyway, to be safe.

Are you saying you can log into your friends Facebook account? You should not even know the details to do that and you will get that account blocked if you are not careful!!

Also, if you start to try to log into Facebook from different location then Facebook will block you as it expect you to log in from the same or sim

I can't do any links unless I'm on a computer
Why not? The phone, if internet enabled should do that ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan Kale Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:49 am

My phone doesn't. It's got full internet, but needs to be connected to a computer to do links. I don't know my friends log-in details, she logged in using my phone. I've got my account associated with my college and home computer I just don't tend to use them. As far as I know, I can log on using all three. I've never had any problems doing that and neither have any of my friends. It doesn't seem fair that they should block an account for using a different location without checking with the person first.
Logan Kale
Logan Kale
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:12 am

What Windows version is on the Mobile devise as, before you go any further,you need an Antivirus Protection program on it ; it is most probably infected but, as you have no Protection on it to alert you , you do not know ...

s far as I know, I can log on using all three. I've never had any problems doing that and neither have any of my friends. It doesn't seem fair that they should block an account for using a different location without checking with the person first.

Facebook expects you ( anyone) to log into them at the same or similar location , to protect you the user from having your Facebook profile hijacked; if you do not then you get Roadblocked or similar and Account Disabled until you can prove it is you and not an imposter trying to access the account ...

Of interest, what type of Phone is it you use?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan Kale Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:59 pm

Its not Windows on my phone, it's T-Mobile Web n Walk. I've heard back from them on the protection and they have their own software. According to T-Mobile it automatically runs checks whenever I log on to the internet. They ran an extra check for me and said the phone was clean. The phone is a Nokia Xpress Music 5310. If the problem was logging in at different locations wouldnt they warn me first? Or at least give me the chance to verify my identity?
Logan Kale
Logan Kale
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:26 pm

Logan Kale wrote:Its not Windows on my phone, it's T-Mobile Web n Walk. I've heard back from them on the protection and they have their own software. According to T-Mobile it automatically runs checks whenever I log on to the internet. They ran an extra check for me and said the phone was clean. The phone is a Nokia Xpress Music 5310. If the problem was logging in at different locations wouldnt they warn me first? Or at least give me the chance to verify my identity?

Unlike in the Computing world ( to which I belong) where on one really cares where you log in so long as you get on line , Facebook expect you ( anyone) to log in at the same or virtually the same location as a protection for you the user.

If you do not, they will present you with a kind of' test' to see if it is you and not an imposter trying to use your account ; this is to safeguard you ....
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan Kale Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:02 pm

I've never had any sort of test. But I very rarely log in from somewhere other than my phone.
Logan Kale
Logan Kale
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:10 pm

Logan Kale wrote:When I click the link from the log-in page, it takes me straight to the help section, disabled, fake profiles and lists the rules about using your real name and all that. Thanks for the URL, i'm not all that good on computer stuff. I'm not sure exactly what protection is on my phone, but I have been assured there is internet protection. I'd assume it's pretty basic though as it is part of the internet package I get.

Are you actually using your real name on Facebook or a pseudonym?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan Kale Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:08 am

I use my real name
Logan Kale
Logan Kale
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:24 am

Lets try this

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It may help you to get back into Facebook.....
but do give them a Phone number that they can contact you on to speak to you ; it, I believe, does not matter if that number is not registered with them as they should ask you questions about the account to find out who you are etc
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan Kale Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:38 pm

I've finally heard from facebook. They say I was disabled for misrepresenting my identity. They have 2 numbers that they can contact me on, my office and my mobile. They'd get through to my secretary if they phoned the office, but the call would be transferred straight to me.
Logan Kale
Logan Kale
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:43 pm

Logan Kale wrote:I've finally heard from facebook. They say I was disabled for misrepresenting my identity. They have 2 numbers that they can contact me on, my office and my mobile. They'd get through to my secretary if they phoned the office, but the call would be transferred straight to me.

So you have now spoken to Facebook and are back into the Account?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan Kale Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:04 am

My account is still disabled. They haven't used the numbers I gave them, they're sticking to email.
Logan Kale
Logan Kale
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:05 pm

Moved from Hacked to AR

Do you still require help with this as there have been no replies or contributions on this thread for several days ?

If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days we will assume your problem was solved , and this thread will be Moved to the Solved section without further notice .

If you are not the thread starter please do not post for any help or support on this thread
Thanks for your co-operation and understanding !

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan Kale Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:32 am

I'm still disabled. According to facebook the decision is final and can't be appealed. I even threatened to write an article about how they ban legitimate users. I guess I'll just have to start again

sadly sent to solved
Logan Kale
Logan Kale
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down