Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disabled Account

2 posters

Go down

Disabled Account Empty Disabled Account

Post by snosno Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:22 pm

My account is disabled

Password resets reached, how can I log in without changing the password?

unable to attach image of error message

Last edited by snosno on Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:51 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : trying to attach image of error messgae)
snosno
snosno
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Disabled Account Empty Re: Disabled Account

Post by Ruby Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:37 pm

try

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Suggest you provide a Land line phone number with full Country Code to be able to speak with Facebook direct.....

or

Also if you can tell us a reason why you needed to change the Password would be useful!!
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by snosno Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:47 pm

I just gave my facebook email which is registered with facebook on the first link you sent me.

I simply wanted to change my password as I got a strange message to my inbox.

I have dyspraxia and dyslexia and often struggle with passwords. Sorry.
snosno
snosno
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:58 pm

snosno wrote:I just gave my facebook email which is registered with facebook on the first link you sent me.

I simply wanted to change my password as I got a strange message to my inbox.

I have dyspraxia and dyslexia and often struggle with passwords. Sorry.

In your Inbox where? On Facebook itself or in your email address that is connected with Facebook ?

(Ps; no need to appologise hug )

Can you get to that 'strange message and maybe copy and paste it in here for us to see?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by snosno Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:02 pm

The strange msg was from someone who had a friend request from me which I replied to and added them.

When I asked who they were as I cannot remember making a friendship request to them. The person then said they got they knew me from another site.

They did not and I had not requested friendship with them and suddenly the persons name changed from one to another and I simply thought this all very odd.

I wanted to change my password on facebook as a result. I cannot get a hold of this msg as my account has been disabled.

Last edited by snosno on Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : poor explanation of situation)
snosno
snosno
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:07 pm

You should have had an email from Facebook telling you your Facebook account has been disabled? Did you get that? What does it say?

Does it give you any link to anywhere ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by snosno Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:10 pm

One mail read

You recently changed your Facebook password. As a security precaution, this notification has been sent to all email addresses associated with your account.

If you have not changed your password, your account may have been the victim of a phishing scam.Please follow the link to regain control over your account:

The other

Hi Jamie,

You recently asked to reset your Facebook password. To complete your request, please follow this link:

Alternately, you may go to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and enter the following password reset code:
snosno
snosno
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:20 pm

snosno wrote:One mail read

You recently changed your Facebook password. As a security precaution, this notification has been sent to all email addresses associated with your account.

If you have not changed your password, your account may have been the victim of a phishing scam.Please follow the link to regain control over your account:

This is 'normal ' and one assumes you did change your Password?

The other

Hi Jamie,

You recently asked to reset your Facebook password. To complete your request, please follow this link:

Alternately, you may go to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and enter the following password reset code:

Did you follow this one ....or leave it?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by snosno Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:23 pm

I replied to both and a third email reading

Hi Jamie,

I also recall being asked had a changed my password at 1:02 am ( GMT or wherever I dont know) so I replied no.
snosno
snosno
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:32 pm

snosno wrote:I replied to both and a third email reading

Hi Jamie,

I also recall being asked had a changed my password at 1:02 am ( GMT or wherever I dont know) so I replied no.
If you replied to that a 'no' then Facebook will assume it is not you that has requested the change but someone else who has gotten into the Account and they will disable it..

and enter the following password reset code:

Did you get a Code and did you do as they asked?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by snosno Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:34 pm

Oops....

I had a code and tried that but I got an error message saying I'd reached maximum password resends.
snosno
snosno
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by snosno Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:34 pm

Have I made an error?
snosno
snosno
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:38 am

Moderator note; May I appologise to you for the fact that you had a reply on this thread that was nothing to do with your problem and I have now removed it to hopefully stop you from having any unnecessary concerns or worries about your account hug

I think in your case you may need to wait for maybe a few days, then try to log into Facebook and see what message you get this time?

With Facebook you do need to be a bit' patient' as they seem to like accounts what I will term 'rested' in between attempts to log in if there have been any problems on the account..
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Disabled Account Empty Resolved Disabled account

Post by snosno Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:47 am

Hi there

I had security codes sent to my email which was managing my mail from facebook. I hadn't realised the mails were held in my facebook folder.

Hi Jamie,

You have recently been asked to verify your Facebook account with a security code.

Your Facebook security code is " " . To verify your account, please paste this code on the page that requested it.

If you have not been asked to provide a Facebook security code, then there may have been an unauthorised attempt to access your account. As a security precaution, please change your Facebook account password at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] .

Thanks,
The Facebook Team
snosno
snosno
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by snosno Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:54 am

Oh yes that strange reply. I had the fear again Happy

Im pleased I checked my "facebook" folder in my standard mailbox as I did think I'd have a try again in the morning to see if my account would be "rested".

Thanks for your patience and help
snosno
snosno
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:16 am

snosno wrote:Oh yes that strange reply. I had the fear again Happy

That is one very good reason ( if one were needed) why people should not post on someone esle's thread unless they are giving help or guidance..so again my appologies..

Im pleased I checked my "facebook" folder in my standard mailbox as I did think I'd have a try again in the morning to see if my account would be "rested".

Maybe a good idea..Facebook 'works 'as Facebook 'works' and we cannot hurry them !!

Thanks for your patience and help

You are most welcome and just pleased we may be able to help you in some small way happy
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:26 pm

Moved from Hacked to AR

Do you still require help with this as there have been no replies or contributions on this thread for several days ?

If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days we will assume you have abandoned your request for help , and this thread will be Moved to the Abandoned threads section without further notice .

If you are not the thread starter please do not post for any help or support on this thread
Thanks for your co-operation and understanding !

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down