Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I get rid of "Find Friends"...

3 posters

Go down

How do I get rid of "Find Friends"... Empty How do I get rid of "Find Friends"...

Post by hunterws Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:20 pm

How do I get rid of "Find Friends" in my upper right , and my left column?

I was poking around one day, then it appeared. I thought it was just an addition i had no choice of, but then I see other profiles, and they don't have it. So, I must be able to get rid of it.

(why is everything on facebook a 2 hour project? things should be easy to delete in 2 clicks,,,grrr)

2 photos on left will help explain; [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
hunterws
hunterws
Prospect

Back to top Go down

How do I get rid of "Find Friends"... Empty Re: How do I get rid of "Find Friends"...

Post by Admin Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:05 pm

How long have you been on Facebook? If you registered less than a month ago, those links will be there. They'll go away after a month of having created an account or so. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

How do I get rid of "Find Friends"... Empty Re: How do I get rid of "Find Friends"...

Post by hunterws Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:08 pm

The Listener wrote:How long have you been on Facebook? If you registered less than a month ago, those links will be there. They'll go away after a month of having created an account or so. Wink

hunterws
hunterws
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:19 pm

2008? Confused Whoa... Few questions.

1. Have you not logged in to your Facebook account for a while, or access it regularly?
2. Have you ever deactivated and re-activated your account?
3. How many friends do you have on Facebook?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hunterws Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:39 pm

1.no, use it daily
2.no
hunterws
hunterws
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:59 pm

I think you're seeing this because of the "little" amount of friends you've added. Facebook is prompting you to add more friends (kind of an evil plan to get addicted? Tongue).

I think they should go away once you have added, more less, 100 friends. Can't be sure, though.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hunterws Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:40 pm

Ok, thanks. That would make sense, as I just quit playing mafia wars and deleted about 270 "friends" that I had put on my account just for MW.
hunterws
hunterws
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:18 am

hunterws wrote:Ok, thanks. That would make sense, as I just quit playing mafia wars and deleted about 270 "friends" that I had put on my account just for MW.

Has that 'reduction' then ''solved the problem for you ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hunterws Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:26 pm

Not sure what you mean by reduction.

The problem I guess is not able to be solved, otherwise I'd get the annoying "find friends" thing outta there.

Albeit it has been explained why it's there, even though I have no control of it.
hunterws
hunterws
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:35 am

hunterws wrote:Not sure what you mean by reduction.

The problem I guess is not able to be solved, otherwise I'd get the annoying "find friends" thing outta there.

Albeit it has been explained why it's there, even though I have no control of it.

You have reduced the number of Friends you have so did that help?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hunterws Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:05 pm

Ruby, in a sense. I'd like to remove it, but I guess it's just anther one of those facebook things they figure you shouldn't be in control of. They want you to get people to join, as if there is anyone left not on facebook?

Back in the days of myspace, things were all up to the user, where certain things sat in the profile, get rid of this, add that. Not so with facebook, and it's just a matter of time until someone comes out with a better network. Someones going to do to facebook what facebook did to myspace. Just a matter of time.

I don't want the friend finder on my profile/home .... so this is explained, but not resolved.
hunterws
hunterws
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sun May 08, 2011 6:54 am

Moved from Friend to AR

Do you still require help with this as there have been no replies or contributions on this thread for several days ?

If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days we will assume you have abandoned your request for help , and this thread will be Moved to the Abandoned threads section without further notice .

If you are not the thread starter please do not post for any help or support on this thread
Thanks for your co-operation and understanding !

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hunterws Sun May 08, 2011 1:46 pm

Yes I still require help with this, as nobody has come up with a solution, and it's still there. I'll contact you once it has been resolved, for archiving.
thank you
hunterws
hunterws
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down