Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disabled Account - Identity Problem

2 posters

Go down

Disabled Account - Identity Problem Empty Disabled Account - Identity Problem

Post by scittle Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:32 am

I wonder if anyone could help me solve a strange problem I've encountered.

I tried accessing my Facebook account on Saturday but was met with a message that my account was temporarily disabled because of a problem with my identity. It said I needed to confirm my identity by uploading a copy of a government issued ID.

Now I found this really odd, as I've had the same name since I signed up to the site years ago (Scott Day), I've never changed it or added nicknames or anything like that. My name has remained the same. So I uploaded a picture of my driving license to them and promptly received the following email:

"Hi,

Facebook is a community where people use their real identities. We require everyone to provide their real first and last names and real birthday so you always know who you're connecting with. Your account is temporarily suspended because your profile doesn’t list your real name.

To reopen this account, please reply to this email stating your real name (as it would be listed on a government-issued ID like a passport or drivers license). Once we know your real name, we can update your profile and reactivate your account......"

So I replied with my real name - the one that's always been on my account - and I haven't heard anything since.

When I try to log-in, I'm met with this exact message:

"Thanks — your request has been submitted!<BR><BR>Note that writing in and submitting your ID multiple times will not result in a faster response. Once you submit your initial request, it is placed in a queue and responded to accordingly. <BR><BR>We appreciate your patience and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause."

I've tried to change my password, in the slim hope that this would work, but although I successfully changed it, the message remains.

Could anyone shed some light on this? I don't understand why it's occurred in the first place. Is there anyone else I could contact, or any ideas on a time-frame until I can access my account again?

Thanks for any help/advice!
- Scott.
scittle
scittle

Back to top Go down

Disabled Account - Identity Problem Empty Re: Disabled Account - Identity Problem

Post by Ruby Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:50 am

scittle wrote:I wonder if anyone could help me solve a strange problem I've encountered.

tried accessing my Facebook account on Saturday

Did you use a computer you normally to to access Facebook or a different one?
This is Facebook URL;did you use it ?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
So I uploaded a picture of my driving license to them and promptly received the following email:

"Hi,

Facebook is a community where people use their real identities. We require everyone to provide their real first and last names and real birthday so you always know who you're connecting with. Your account is temporarily suspended because your profile doesn’t list your real name.

To reopen this account, please reply to this email stating your real name (as it would be listed on a government-issued ID like a passport or drivers license). Once we know your real name, we can update your profile and reactivate your account......"

So I replied with my real name - the one that's always been on my account - and I haven't heard anything since.
So you ...wait!!!!

I've tried to change my password, in the slim hope that this would work, but although I successfully changed it, the message remains.

Do not do that please!!!
Could anyone shed some light on this? I don't understand why it's occurred in the first place. Is there anyone else I could contact, or any ideas on a time-frame until I can access my account again?

Thanks for any help/advice!
- Scott.

You are not the first and I guess you will not be the last to get this message from Facebook

We do not know how long it will take for Facebook to get back to you ...sorry Sad
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Disabled Account - Identity Problem Empty Re: Disabled Account - Identity Problem

Post by scittle Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:50 pm

Thanks for the reply! Shame about the vagueness in regards to the time-frame Sad

Any ideas why this happened in the first place? As I said, I've had the same name since joining - and it's fairly standard name too lol.

Edit: It's a computer I normally use to access facebook. It was working fine in the morning on my laptop, but then later when I logged in on my desktop the error occurred.
scittle
scittle

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:50 pm

scittle wrote: It's a computer I normally use to access facebook. It was working fine in the morning on my laptop,
??Normally used to accwess Facebook ?l

but then later when I logged in on my desktop the error occurred.
Same or different location ?

Do you have

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

enabled on either machine ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by scittle Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:51 am

Sorry for the confusion! Yes, they are in different locations. They are only used by myself and I alternate between the two very regularly.

I don't have that option enabled on either machine.

Also, not sure if it would matter, but I use the Facebook app for iPhone as well, but I don't have my phone number connected with Facebook.

Do you think I have any chance of accessing my account again?
scittle
scittle

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:55 am

As it has been several weeks since any activity or feedback on this thread or Member activity on Fourm ...assumed abandoned and sent from Hacked to abandoned
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down